It has been 19-25 degrees around Houston, TX at night lately and I have seen some pets still suffering around town.
Here are some ideas on what to do with your pets when it is feezing outside:
1. Bring them inside for the nights at least.
2. Actually get sweaters for the breeds that were not made for the cold.
3. Buy or build a shelter for them outside if you aren’t bringing them in.
4. Provide that shelter with blankets or fabric or even crumpled newspapers so your pets can stay warm.
5. Feed your pets more since they burn more energy to stay warm.
My dogs are indoor dogs, so we just give them extra blankets during the winter months.
What do you do to winterize your pets?