I have been getting lazy with Mr. Pug’s medicine routine and am trying to get back on track. It’s nice to have a healthy Pug and I don’t want to fall back into bad habits.
Here’s the schedule I just made for myself (again):
- Put a steroid pill (Prednisone) in his morning food.
- Put in eye drops at night.
Twice a Week
- Clean his ears with cotton balls and medicated ear wash.
- Clean his face with medicated face wash.
- Bathe him with a medicated shampoo.
- Spray him with a liquid topical spray if he has flare-ups.
Hopefully I’ll stay on track so he never has to go back to the very expensive pet dermatologist. I just get so tired of the constant work, you know? I’ve already been stretching myself too thin with blogging since I’m trying to grow it into a freaking empire that Ican live off of in a year or two, so the extra daily medicine delivery chores seem even more tedious.
It doesn’t help that Mr. Pug still hates each and every one of the meds and still tries to eat everything that can basically kill him, but he is a dog…
How do you keep up with your pet routines?